Careless attitude when installing the line, saving on materials instantly negatively affect the production process. Problems arise due to malfunctions of waterers.
Uric acid diathesis (gout). Young chickens are endangered in the first 10 days. The problem arises due to the lack of access of chickens to water. In 12 hours the apathy of a bird develops, daily consumption of feed decreases. Young chickens start to die in 2-3 days.
Deficiency of water provokes the deposition of salt crystals in the heart and other internal organs. It is a mass phenomenon and can be corrected only by eliminating the cause. Experienced poultry technologists explain the development of gout in broilers by the following:
● narrow watering front. The watering front should be at least 2.5-3.5 cm per head. More often the problem arises in premises with a brooder way of keeping young chickens. If in the first weeks you warm up chickens under a brooder, put additional waterers;
● incorrect installation height of the nipple or bowl. If the waterers are too high or low, the young chickens do not see the water, do not understand where it is. Technologists recommend mounting the waterers parallel to the floor. As for the angle of attachment and height, the waterer must be installed at eye level of the chicken at an angle to the floor of 30 degrees up to 4th day.
● wrong system pressure. High pressure means that the young chickens do not have the strength to press the nipple, low pressure means that the drop does not come out, but evaporates. Also, depending on the age of the poultry, the water pressure in the watering system should change. The optimal height of the water column:
1 week - 10-15 cm of water column;
2-3 week - 20-25 cm of water column;
3-4 week - 25-30 cm of water column;
4-6 week - 30-35 cm of water column.
● line blockage. Therefore, it is important to check the permeability of water and its pressure daily;
● use of nipples with vertical pressing (180 °) for small chickens. Otherwise, the chickens will spill a lot of water, wet the litter and freeze.
Wet litter problem. After 21 days of growing the broiler, it may encounter the following problem associated with interruption of the watering line operation. Ammonia from manure settles on wet straw and wood chips. The aggressive environment of the wet floor damages the thin skin on the paws of chickens. Due to the wounds, ulcers the young chickens become apathetic. With the development of pododermatitis, the broiler feels pain at every step. This poultry tries to remain in one position or on the perch, comes more frequently to feeders. In neglected cases, pododermatitis develops on the chest and metatarsal joints. Wounds begin to fester, the body loses its marketable appearance and gets into waste.
High humidity and rapid wetting occur due to:
● high system pressure;
● use of hard water. Mineral crystals quickly seal the nipple hole, reduce the diameter of the pipe, increasing the pressure in the watering line system;
● use of poor quality nipples. In industrial poultry farming, only metal or reinforced plastic waterers are used.
Metal is better, because stainless steel easily withstands treatment with disinfectant solutions, washing with hot water.
Outbreak of coccidiosis. Additionally, coccidia actively multiply in moist litter. Pathogenic microorganisms are able to kill the entire poultry stock in a week. The danger of the disease is that it is not curable. Prevention of coccidiosis in the poultry stock is compliance with the recommended parameters of the microclimate in the poultry house and the use of specialized feed. For example, the line of complete feed for poultry AVA Chick BHS and AVA UNI Universal in the options start, grover and finish contains coccidiostats. Functional supplement protects the digestive system of the broiler against pathogenic bacteria, reduces the percentage of deaths in the stock at all stages of poultry farming.